About the Program:
Social Skills groups are facilitated by an experienced Speech Pathologist and Psychologist.
We incorporate strategies from a range of programs including Social Thinking, Zones of Regulation, Superflex, PEERS and authors including Jed Baker and Tony Attwood.
The groups run continuously throughout the year in the school terms.
We focus on:
- Forming friendships with peers
- Verbal and nonverbal skills including greetings and eye contact
- Recognising and Interpreting verbal and non verbal behaviour in others
- Taking turns and sharing
- Conversational skills
- Making and keeping friends
- Understanding feelings
- Regulating Feelings
- Problem solving in social situations
- Being confident
To be specified depending on the group