What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing support for Australians with disability, their families and carers. The NDIS supports people with disability to build skills and capability so they can participate in the community and employment.
As an insurance scheme, the NDIS takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with disability early to improve their outcomes later in life. The NDIS gives all Australians peace of mind that if their child or loved one is born with or acquires a permanent and significant disability they will get the support they need.
What services can be provided under the NDIS?
We can provide speech pathology services under the following areas:
- Therapeutic supports
- Early intervention supports for early childhood
- Specialised assessment of skills, abilities and needs
- Assistive technology specialist assessment, set up and training
- Communication and information equipment.
We see individuals who are:
- Self Managed
- Plan Managed (third party)
- Agency Managed (by the NDIS)